What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or in store, place an order or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site or in store, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your:
On our website-
- Contact information such as Name, E-mail address, Mailing address, Delivery address.
- Transaction date
- Credit information
- Order information
- Encrypted payment card information
- Abandoned basket history & Shopping History
In store (if applicable)
- Employment detail
- Banks detail
- Address history
- Finance income
You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions, goods & services and returns.
- Email notifications of deliveries (where applicable)
- To use your personal data to manage payments.
- To use your personal data for any third party finance set up in store, including credit checks. Separate third party agreement.
- In order to handle complaints and warranty matters for products.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- With your agreement, to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features.
- With your agreement, to send periodic emails.
- With your agreement, to the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include
Detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Our website offers the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information).
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website or in store, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Aside from our service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party, expect as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisation for marketing purposes.
We may share you data with:
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments
- Finance credit applications
- Warehouse and distribution / logistics suppliers in connection to your delivery.
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforment agencies, court/tribunals and insured where we ware requited to do so:-
- To comply with our legal obligations:
- To exercise out legal rights (eg in court cases)
- For prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders: and
- For the protection of our employees & customers.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How long do we keep your data for?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purpose set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 10 years or longer if you’re an active customer.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time, unless
- oYou have an ongoing matter with customer service.
- oYou have an unsettled debt with Karpet Kingdom Ltd.
- oIf you have made any purchase we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for book keeping purposes.
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
- The right to opt out of any marketing communication that we may send you. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out in the policy.
What you can do to help protect your data (on our website)
We will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an emailing claiming to be from us asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
We recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety in relation to Karpet Kingdom Ltd –
- Keep your account password private.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best.
- Change your password frequently
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Legal basis for Karpet Kingdom Ltd processing customer person data General
We collect and use customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interest ( as set out below):
- The purpose of complying with our duties and exercising our right under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer: or complying with our legal obligation.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communication to customers via email or text message. Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
Our Legitimate interest
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interest of Karpet Kingdom Ltd including-
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare.
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- Understanding our customer’s behaviour, activities, preferences and needs.
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services.
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
- Handling customer’s contacts, queries, complaints or disputes.
- Managing insurance claims by customers.
- Protecting Karpet Kingdom Ltd, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligation to Karpet Kingdom Ltd.
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcements actions taken against Karpet Kingdom Ltd.
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
We use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes and may send postal mail to update you on the latest offers and invitations to special events.
We aim to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual. You have the right to opt out to receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- 1.Making use of the simple ‘’UNSUBSCRIBE’’. We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- 2.Contacting us directly if you wish to be removed from any marketing, via the contact channels in this policy.
We may analyse your browsing and purchasing activities, both on-line and in store, and your responses to marketing communications. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows us to ensure that we contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you.
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data which are not answered here, or you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by the following means-
Phone 01502 516781
Write to us – Karpet & Furniture Kingdom Ltd, Whapload Road, Lowestoft, Suffolk, NR32 1UR
This policy was last modified on 25th May 2018